Because Healthy CAN Be Delicious
Well holy crap for a lack of posts on my part. I do apologize for that, but it has been a busy start to my season with work. I was only able to make it into a gym for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday. Which, I have to add, felt fantastic.
Anywho, this one might seem like it is a little on the difficult side, but it’s actually pretty easy to pull off, and people will think you’re a fucking magician.
Let’s start with the chicken:
- 3 4-oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- My Spice Rub
*If you can’t do this, you’re hopeless and should off yourself now*
- Season the chicken with just enough of the spice mix to give it a decent coating. You’ll notice if it’s too much, trust me.
- Bake in a 350F oven for about 20 minutes, or until fully cooked. This is very key, as Salmonella is not anything I wish on any one you. I’ve gotten it, and although it is an awesome way to lose 30 pounds in 3 days, it WILL kill most of you. So make sure your chicken is fully cooked. If you have a calibrated meat thermometer, the chicken should come to at least 165F on the inside..
- Remove from oven, and cool.
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Put water and salt in a pot. You can substitute the water for broth, it’s entirely up to you.
- Bring to a boil and add quinoa. Let simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Cover and let sit. The cooking process will continue while this is going on. Stir occasionally.
Bruschetta Mix & Stuffing:
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Fine Diced
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves, Fine Chopped. You can sub 2 TBSP of dried basil if you can’t get fresh.
- 3 TBSP Parmesan Cheese (The real stuff, not that sand like shit. That’s not really cheese)
- 1 TBSP White Wine Vinegar. You Can Sub Balsamic Vinegar If Desired
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Each of Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Yellow Peppers
- Dice all of the chicken breasts when cooled. Mix with quinoa and set aside.
- Combine all bruschetta mix in a bowl. (Yep, that easy)
- Mix bruschetta with quinoa mixture.
- Half the peppers from top to bottom (stem side is the top). Clean out the core and seeds.
- Stuff with quinoa mix. You will probably have left over, which is fine. It makes a great lunch, hot or cold!
- Bake in 350F oven for 15 minutes.
- Total Fat: 11.5 g
- Total Carbs: 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 18.5 g
It seems like a lot of work when reading it, but it’s actually quite easy. And high in protein. Give it a try. The quinoa stuffing mix can be eaten by itself and doesn’t have to be stuffed into anything.