Having trouble losing weight? Turn your meals into things you can’t possibly overeat.
Believe it or not, I was also a Chef back in the day. However, I managed to both escape the industry and kill those memories with various substances so it doesn’t come up much. But here’s what I just finished making for dinners for the rest of the week.
Yellow Coconut Curry Squash Soup
– 2 whole spaghetti squash, seeded and pre-roasted
– 800g chopped or shredded or pulled cooked chicken
– 160ml tin coconut milk
– 1 cup skim milk
– about 400g (1/2 bag) of frozen cut green beans
– Madras yellow curry powder (or other curry powder you have) to taste (I started with about 2 tbsp, then added a lot more because I love curry)
– salt/pepper to taste
– water to thin so you don’t scorch it
Put all of the stuff in the pot except for the green beans and chicken. Add water to desired thickness. Season and bring to a boil. Blend with an immersion blender (stick blender) or an actual blender. Don’t burn yourself.
Add green beans and chicken, bring back to a boil.
Try to eat 1/4 of the batch like you’re supposed to because you are dumb and planned out your macros that way.
Total time in the kitchen, start to finish, including all prep: under an hour. The bulk of that was stirring the soup so it didn’t burn.